Now available in Cambridge-Narrows, Hanwell, Kingsclear Oromocto
and New Maryland!
Become a Client
In order to use our service, you must first be registered as a client. Becoming a client is easy! Give us a call at (506) 999-2102 or download and fill out the Client registration form and return it to us via mail email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
How much does it cost?
Ride fees are based on the distance you travel. We charge a nominal fee for rides and also offer a subsidized rate (which is approximately 65% lower) for low income individuals and families. Call us for a quote at (506) 999-2102, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
CLIENT REGISTRATION FORM
PROCEDURES FOR CLIENTS
1. Fee for Rides
• Fees are based on distance travelled from your home to your destination.
• Urban/Rural Rides will bill the member monthly; there will be no cash transactions between drivers and members.
2. Reservation Procedures
All rides are to be reserved at least 48 hours in advance by speaking directly to the coordinator/dispatcher.
Drivers will be instructed NOT to take ride reservations other than those arranged through the to ride coordinator.
3. Registration Form
Procedures by applicant:
a) Complete the registration form.
b) Once the form is completed and signed, send it to the contact information on the application.
PROCEDURES FOR CLIENTS
Please note that all incomplete or illegible forms will be returned to the applicant and the application will be delayed.
Forms are be completed by the applicant, any other person designated by him/her, or by his/her legal representative if the applicant cannot act.
Confidentiality of information provided will be respected under the Privacy Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information. This information is for the exclusive use of Urban/Rural Rides
Volunteer as a Driver
Our volunteer drivers are the heart and the backbone of our organization. Those who choose to become volunteer drivers with Urban/Rural Rides are offering much more than a drive – they are offering independence, security, and the ability to remain connected in their community.
If you’re interested in joining Urban/Rural Rides as a volunteer driver, we’d love to hear from you! Drivers must be 21 years old or older, possess a valid New Brunswick driver’s license, have an RCMP background check, possess a registered vehicle (or vehicles) that are clean and presentable with valid safety inspections, possess supplemental insurance that is reimbursed by Urban/Rural Rides (contact us for more details.)
We ask that our volunteers be available a minimum of 4 hours per month. However, none of our drivers are expected to devote long periods to this service or to disrupt their personal schedules. Drivers are community volunteers!
Give us a call at (506) 999-2102 or simply download and fill out the Drivers application form and Criminal Record Check. (Click the green tab below) Email them to us at email@example.com
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM
Volunteer drivers will keep a mileage log and will submit it to the ride coordinator by the end of every month. We will reimburse the volunteer .41 cents per km.
- All information is confidential–the volunteer driver will need to sign an oath of confidentiality form.
- The volunteer will have to sign a request form for a criminal background check, an emergency contact form, and the volunteer will need to supply proof of insurance (for minimum $2-million coverage).
- Urban/Rural Rides will reimburse the cost of coverage up to $80.00 for drivers who volunteer at least half a day per week for 6 months.
- If the oath has been breached, the volunteer driver will be terminated. In the event of a lawsuit, Urban/Rural
Rides will not be responsible.
- Urban/Rural Rides will provide volunteer drivers with First Aid Kits, driver ID cards, and for the more active drivers, advertising magnets for their vehicles.